Port Information Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eurime

Ok. So I'm located in a University where the Internet Dorm is behind proxy that disables Internet Applications that involve P2P networking, sometimes Java applications and torrenting.

Ironicly, however, I got to get World of Warcraft going. While this question is game related, its mainly concerning Networking so please keep your eyes on the post.

I got this new game called Warhammer Online, port's blocked and I think I may have found the required port. I'm capable of contacting Help Desk to ask them to unblock this port, but I'm not sure if I wanna tell them that its a game.

So, my question is, can I lie and claim that its a port for some program without them finding out? (Unless they do some research)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Sorry, but we don't be a party to bypassing the school's network restrictions. The point of them blocking such ports is to keep the network running for real school activities.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online