1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

port issue for a game, game isn't using the right port

Discussion in 'Networking' started by turbow5, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

For Test drive unlimited 2 (PC) I need port 8889. However its using port 3074 and I'm strict and i cant see many people.

There a way to change the port its using? port 8889 is enabled in my router along with upnp.

Please without going far into software (if there's one out there that does this)

Google didn't get me to far.

-Thanks

2. haryl87

haryl87

So you need tho change the port that the game is using? If so, your going to have to go in the settings more than likely and change it, useless you can find it in windows firewall and modify it.

3. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

What settings? Also with firewall all i saw was public and private, And there both checked to allow. That didn't help.

4. haryl87

haryl87

The settings on the game , i wouldn't know that.

5. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

The only settings in the game are graphic settings.
    What kind of settings am i looking for?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051732