1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Portable hard drive problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hennie27, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hennie27

Hennie27 Thread Starter

I always connect my portable hard drive to my laptop to upload tv series onto it. I will then plug the portable into my router and everybody in the house can access the stuff on it. Today I wanted to upload some stuff again from my laptop to the portable but my laptop doesn't recognize the portable hard drive. I tried it on the other laptop in the house with the same result. When I plug it into the router usb port I can access it but not when plugged into any of the laptops.

One laptop has Win 7 and other Win 8. The portable hard drive works when connected to my router usb port and when connected to my Samsung tv usb port. It is not accessible when plugged into any laptop. I have always used it with my laptop without any problems.
    I have tried a new cable but it has the same result.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

2. kingknightrider

kingknightrider

At first glace this looks like a error in drivers usually corrected easily. Try a complete shut down of all computers and the portable hard drive. Leave all off for a minute then try reinitializing everything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1151288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice