Portable Router for Hotel Wifi - PS4/XBONE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rochey96

I am currently staying at a hotel where wi-fi works, however, when I try to connect my PS4 to play online it does not work (I believe this is the NAT type)

Is there a way I can either bypass this OR buy a portable router which would allow me to play online?

Edit: I can connect to online and start a party chat with friends, but when trying to connect to any online server, it just does not connect

Thanks

Last edited:

TerryNet

Terry
If you need to port forward then, no, you cannot bypass.

If the hotel blocks successful access to certain servers (e.g., game servers) then, no, you cannot bypass.

If the hotel IT department cannot or will not help with this then you are probably not going to be playing online with your PS4. Usually hotel internet service for guests is designed to support email, surfing and work activities.

Closing, as we cannot help with this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online