1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Portable Version of AIM

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Toddles18, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Hey all, I just got a USB pen drive for christmas. I really like it, anyways, I want to be able to put AIM on it and be able to just run, instead of having to install it. That way I can keep my profile if I sign on at a friends house or where-ever. (of course not on the locked down computers at school ;) ) Thought maybe I could just copy the folder from program files but luck is not with me. No Go. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a version that I could do this with. Yeah, i know about AIM express and quickbuddy. But i like a real program as opposed to a web app. And I want to keep my profile and away messages. Thx in advance.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

AIM and compatible programs are pretty complicated, using registry keys for lots of stuff too, so I doubt there is a self-executable version. Saving AIM Express might be the best solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice