Portforwading and Football Manager 2008

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ososkic

I'm trying to connect to a game with a friend in football manager. I've allowed access to Football Manager as has he. He has forwarded his ports accordingly but its where I'm having problems.

I'm following the instructions carefully from http://portforward.com/routers.htm but im hitting a snag on the last bit when it tells you to select devices to forward ports to. When I click on the drop down menu and select my laptop it just won't let me select it. Any ideas on how I can overcome this? (P.S My main PC in the house is connected to the router via USB, while I connect to the router wirelessly)

Thanks in advance

Hi forget portfoward for now ill try help you do it manually. How do you connect to the internet. You say wirelessly do you use a router with a modem built in or do you use a router and a modem together? Also what router/modem do you use?

Ososkic

Well to the questions I have an answer to, I use a BTHomeHub Router, not sure what you mean if it's got a modem built in? I connect to the internet via wireless via the BTHomeHub, which is connected to the main Comp via USB.

ahh FM08 + Portforwarding = Problems. Your bestest choice is Hamachi or some form of LAN. I know this because I have the game and tested for many a month

Well Hamachi is just a program that connects 2 PC's over a virtual LAN (Local Area Network) to allow gaming, file sharing and so on.

now your logged into the router could you attach a print screen or something of the home page and Ill see if I can help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online