1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Portforwarding Impossible

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mikoll, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikoll

Mikoll Thread Starter

Hello, I have an application that needs port 1176 open for others to connect to me (I'm pretty sure thats how it works)

I have a D-link DI-524 and have followed the portforward website perfectly but, still no luck.
    Nobody can connect to my server, my server isn't even detecting other people trying to connect to it.

I used www.canyouseeme.org and I get

Error: I could not see your service on *ip adress* on port (1176)
    Reason: Connection refused

This is happened to me many times for as long as I can remember, only some times it will actually let me port forward certain things. Can anyone share some information to get me on the right track and possibly fix this problem?

Thanks.

2. flatpyramid

flatpyramid

Do you have any firewall installed on your server? (I presumed you do) Try to open that port in your firewall.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like the port is forwarded, but your application isn't answering the phone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!