Positioning Case fans

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

17RiCkE17

I know that the fans in the front of the case should be intake fans and the ones at the

back should exhaust fans because hot air rises but what about the side panel ones

my cases side panel has a place for a 92mm fan with an air duck for the cpu and it also has

a place for a 80mm fan do i put these fans intake or exhaust

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The one with the air duct clearly would be an intake, because it blows onto the processor which has a fan that sucks the air down. I suppose the other one would depend on where it's positioned on the case...

17RiCkE17

its at the lower part of the panel by the video card and pci slots but i'm not sure if that would

be an exhaust or intake because the video card fans is near it would i want to blow air into

the video card fan.

The key to good case ventilation is negative air flow. This means you want MORE air exiting the case then you want entering the case. How many fans do you have TOTAL on the case itself and where are they positioned?

The side panel fans should be intakes. Exhaust out back of course and out top if you have one mounted there. The intake fans at the front of the case should not be necessary unless your running a stack of hard drives close together. Otherwise I would just go with your side fans as intakes and exhaust out back and up top.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online