Possable Multi BIOS Switch Issue Cause PC To Crash

Michael1988

I looked up how to hook up a fan and did that. But I also moved my drives where they go as I just had them laying on my power supply and restarted my pc and it couldn't find my c drive so I checked that the cables where fully connected and restarted the pc again and it kept saying the same thing so I tried toggling the OC Genie on the mother board to see what it did and only noticed the blue light on it go out so I saw a switch above the text Muiti - BIOS it was green before and switching it turns it blue then my pc keeps restarting and no display so I turned off my pc and switched it back and restarted my pc again and same issue my pc just keeps restarting repeadly with my display not showing again the restarts are about every 20 seconds can do a discord call and video from my phone for better knowledge of what happend

managed

Allan
When you moved the drives did you leave both ends of the data cables (the thinner one) plugged in to the same drive and Sata port on the motherboard ?

Put the OC and Multi-Bios switches back to their original positions and see if it stops restarting then.

Michael1988

Yes I left both connected just moved them and yes I already switched it back to where it was and same issue

managed

Allan
Go into the Bios/UEFI and make the first boot device the drive with Windows on it.

crjdriver

You are not the first person nor will you be the last person to knock something loose while working inside the case. Here is what I would do;
1 First and foremost go back and check your work. Check/reseat both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors on the motherboard. Recheck/reseat all hard drive connections
2 Clear cmos with the clear pins. Read your manual for detailed instructions
3 Once done with the above, pw ON and see if the motherboard will complete POST

Next item. You are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online