Possible BIOS Virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Reaper37

Well about half a week ago I downloaded a file on my laptop and when I opened it the screen instantly went to a black screen with a flashing line. Anyways when it was restarted the screen went straight back to that, No POST, No screen with motherboard type on it, NOTHING!.
I have tried.....
-taking out the hard drive
-taking out the battery and leaving it to run completely flat
-booting it from a bootable cd
-Getting into BIOS
-Taking the CMOS battery out (it was soldered on so i couldn't take it out)

All of these things had the exact same black screen so I am thinking I need a new BIOS chip or a new motherboard.
If anyone has any ideas please tell, I think it might be a BIOS virus but im not even certain they exist.
Thanx

Reaper37

Also does anyone know how to flash a BIOS that is completely inaccessible?

Reaper37

Update: I have an old Toshiba Satellite PS221L-49006. I'm wondering if I can flash that BIOS to the version I want and put it into the new one. The new one is a Toshiba Satellite A660 I'm fairly sure. I highly doubt it will work but worth a shot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online