1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible BIOS Virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Reaper37, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaper37

Reaper37 Thread Starter

Well about half a week ago I downloaded a file on my laptop and when I opened it the screen instantly went to a black screen with a flashing line. Anyways when it was restarted the screen went straight back to that, No POST, No screen with motherboard type on it, NOTHING!.
    I have tried.....
    -taking out the hard drive
    -taking out the battery and leaving it to run completely flat
    -booting it from a bootable cd
    -Getting into BIOS
    -Taking the CMOS battery out (it was soldered on so i couldn't take it out)

All of these things had the exact same black screen so I am thinking I need a new BIOS chip or a new motherboard.
    If anyone has any ideas please tell, I think it might be a BIOS virus but im not even certain they exist.
    Thanx

2. Reaper37

Reaper37 Thread Starter

Also does anyone know how to flash a BIOS that is completely inaccessible?

3. Reaper37

Reaper37 Thread Starter

Update: I have an old Toshiba Satellite PS221L-49006. I'm wondering if I can flash that BIOS to the version I want and put it into the new one. The new one is a Toshiba Satellite A660 I'm fairly sure. I highly doubt it will work but worth a shot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice