1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible cpu overheat or memory failure?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deathscythe_Hell, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathscythe_Hell

Deathscythe_Hell Thread Starter

You know, with all the computer problems i have between my computer and my family's computers(most of which i bult) i'm suprised i don't hate computers. First of all I want to say that all information in this is second hand. The computer in question is my mom's and we live in different parts of the state so it is rather hard to see firsthand what is going on. Here is what has happened:

Over the past month or so her computer has just suddenly froze a few times while she wasn't there. I didn't think it was any major problem since it IS windows after all. Also the clock on the computer was starting to get further and further off each day(she would reset it every dya yet every day it would get further and further from the real time). Today the computer was froze once again. She reset it and the biostar logo for the bios came up and it just hung on that. She tried resetting it again and this time it just repeatedly beaped until she used teh power switch on the psu to turn it off. Now when she starts it up the fans start and even the NIC gets power(the light is beeping), but the monitor doens't even flicker and she said that it didn't sound like the hard drive is spinning up. There are no longer any beeps and she has to turn it off with the psu switch. Any clues?

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi,

The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery.

Spaceman

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

replace cmos battery

check CPU heatsink fan is working

try some new memory

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice