possible dead pixel, please look

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rocketdog1418826

I have a dot on my monitor that I am trying to get diagnosed. You cannot see it when the monitor is bright and colored, but black screen it looks to me like a bubble, almost clear looking. It may be a bad pixel, and the dot doesnt bother me a ton but my curiosity is getting to me. I do have pictures of it, although they are not very good but maybe someone here can recognize what it is for sure.

I tried that flashing software that may fix stuck pixels, i did that for almost 3 hours but it is still there. I also posted on another forum but they just said if it bothers me than return it. Assuming I don't want to return it, please look at the bad pictures and let me know what you think.

20181226_173218.jpg 3.jpg

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

I had a similar spot show up on my LCD monitor a while ago. It turned out to be a deep scratch in the top layer of the LCD panel. I suspect one of my cats at the time may have done it.

If it is a scratch it should be visible with the monitor turned off. Don't know of any method to fix it other than replacing the LCD panel.

rocketdog1418826

ok cool. that makes sense my zoomed in picture does look like a scratch.. I prefer that over pixels dying I suppose

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online