Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possible driver issue?

730 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  HollywoodTM 
#1 ·
Where to begin? Last night I was updating my Razer Synapse and my Nvidia Drivers. My AVG detects a virus and I clear it, AVG then tells me I need to restart my system. I postpone and allow all my updates to finish. I shut down for the night and this morning I went to boot, and noticed my screen resolution was different. It looked like it was trying to do 800 x 600 on my monitor. Also I am unable to use any mouse and keyboard. (I've tried several.) I get the same issues in safe mode. However, in BIOS (I have a UEFI bios.) I can move my mouse horizontally, and my keyboard works. Just to try I booted with the Windows7 disk and it went to the install screen, and I am able to use my mouse and keyboard. I fear I will have to do a fresh install. Any advice?

My system:
Sabertooth X79
Intel i7 3820k
16gb RAM Corsair
MSI 680 Twin Frozr
240GB SSD (my OS is installed on this.)
2TB HD (Games, user files ect.)

My first post, if I need to use a different format let me know.

See less See more
#2 ·
Step 1: unplug your mouse/keyboard from the system, make sure its power off, then plug them back in.
See if that helps if any.

if not, use another keyboard/mouse. to see what happens.

if it works, by attempting my Step 1 or using another set.

try to uninstall nvidia drivers from safe mode.
to see if that helps.

if it does not help, try running this tool

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...r-uninstaller-ddu-v12-5-1-released-03-11-14-/

then tell me what happens.

#6 ·
Just to make sure i got this right... while researching the problem.

windows 7 detects keyboard and mouse. but the keyboard wont type and mouse wont move. & that is both with safe mode/ and normal booting

btw, we never hit on this what type of keyboard and mouse?

PS/2 Mouse and Kayboard?
USB Mouse and Keyboard?
Wireless Mouse and Keyboard?

Is that right?

#7 ·
It is USB keyboard and mouse. It detects but won't let me do anything on normal and safe mode. However in my UEFI BIOS it'll let me type. I've put in my Windows install and while running that I can use the mouse and keyboard but all I can do from there is reinstall.

#8 ·
Ok try this,

grab an PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard to see if it works. Then if it works and your at windows desktop.

try plugging in your usb devices K/M and see if it pops up by getting detecting and installing or what!

if that does not work try powering off the pc. and Remove the CMOS Battery for like 5mins. then place it back. power on. see if that helps. if not then. let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.