1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible Gmail Bug Driving Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DocStrange, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DocStrange

DocStrange Thread Starter

I posted this in the Google Help forum but they always take so long to respond so I decided to post this here too for a second opinion.

This involves a bug (maybe?) I noticed in Gmail just a bit ago.

I sent myself a message (titled "mtd3", I send myself messages to transfer thing between two computers sometimes) with three attachments and the names of those messages. I noticed I sent while sending the message, so I deleted it, deleted it from the trash and started the process to send it again to me with the same name ("mtd3"), same text, but in a different order and the same attachments.

so, I noticed that while I was uploading my attachments, the deleted message returned! I deleted that and my new one and started a new one with the same attachments but a different name ("momadada"). Nothing happened, but I deleted that one anyway. So then I started on another message with a different name ("mothdath")/same attachments/same text and the message I just deleted came back into my inbox!

I then put these in attachments in rar files, and no repeats happened while I was composing or sending the messages with the rar attachments.

Later on, I was just looking through my inbox, and one of these deleted messages with my .mp3 attachments returned to my inbox again!

So how am I getting these messages I sent myself that I deleted from my inbox and my trash?

The attachments are some music files I am transferring from the computer I am borrowing to my new computer. These music files all come from blogs I trust and written by people I know, or the popular music review website Pitchfork Media (who are given the mp3s by the artists and labels themselves). Trustworthy sites, so the content of the messages is not an issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/938821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice