1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible Graphics Update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DamienSynS, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DamienSynS

DamienSynS Thread Starter

I'm was wondering if anybody could help me find the best graphics card upgrade in my cpu. Its an HP Pavilion a620n.

Right now I have an Nvidia GeForce 6200 from another computer in it.

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The HP Pavilion a620n desktop was introduced in May 2004.

It comes with VIA integrated graphics, but it has a 8x AGP slot for installing a video card - which you've apparently already done.

There's no mention of the power supply brand name and wattage, so I'm guessing it's less than 250 watts.

From my personal experience with upgrading older desktops, the NVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP video card(128 - 256 MB) is a good one for improving on its integrated graphics for basic computing functions.

If your intent is gaming or anything else that's graphic-extensive, you're pushing the limits of that desktop's hardware by upgrading to a more powerful video card.

The end result may be a computer that doesn't start at all or a monitor that won't kick in and display.

--------------------------------------------------

3. DamienSynS

DamienSynS Thread Starter

Alright well thanks. I have the geforce 6200 in this computer.

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Is it a heatsink model or cooling fan model?

How much video memory(128, 256, 512 MB) does it have?

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065594