1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

possible hardware problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by davidkunttu, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davidkunttu

davidkunttu Thread Starter

i posted this in the windows xp section and got a reply that the problem might be hardware related. here is the original post:

any idea of what it could be?

2. dai

dai

what size power supply

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Have a few ideas....are any of them any good? who knows! :D

When you replaced the motherboard, was it an equal swap? In other words, did you replace with the same make/model?

If it's a completely new mobo, what else did you replace? If you just moved existing components, are you absolutely sure they are compatible?

Did you just move your hard drive over with or without a clean reinstall? (Edit: oops, you answered that!)

Have you installed all the drivers that came with the new mobo?

As you can see, you need to provide a few more details on exactly what you did.

Hope this helps,

MBN

4. davidkunttu

300W psu
    no i used to have a gigabyte ga-4n700 board, both had the nforce2 chipset so thats why i went with the biostar m7ncd. i kept all my old parts, only the motherboard is new. i installed all the drivers for all the hardware i have, i even updated my BIOS.

5. dai

dai

turn off the auto reboot and see if you get the bsod error message and post it

6. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

are you sure it was a 4n700? I just searched oon gigabyte site and can't find the specs on it....did you mean a 7n400?

MBN

7. davidkunttu

ha sorry yes, 7n400

where is auto reboot? bios?

8. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

AutoReboot is in Control Panel>System>Advanced tab at bottom, Startup and Recovery, click Settings button, System Failure section, uncheck Automatically Restart.

MBN

9. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Hmmm, your old mobo died...did it show the same symptoms? How is the cooling in that case?

MBN

10. davidkunttu

no i had no problems with the old motherboard until one day i rebooted and nothing came back, tried everything with tech support, had people look at it, nobody came up with everything. i am going to have gigabyte send me a fresh one. i have a good number of fans in my case and the cpu runs around 30-40 degrees celsius

also, autoreboot is now off so i will post any stop codes i get if i get the blue screen

11. davidkunttu

ok this is the first blue screen error i got:

0x0000008E
    win32k.sys at base BF872506

google came up with a ton of pages for 0x0000008E but i didn't see any that applied to my situation....help?

12. davidkunttu

so far i've gotten to different blue screen's:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    0x0000005O

and

0x0000007F

any ideas?

13. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

14. dai

dai

fault in non paged area
    reseat the ram
    stop auto start a/v
    and see if it still bsod
    Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

15. davidkunttu

ok i've done everything everyone has suggested, nothing has helped, i ran a 17 hour burn in ram test and it passed everytime and i am on the verge of buying a new processor because i've already tried a new motherboard. please anyone with any other thoughts? i would hate to have gone out and buy a new processor and have that not fix the problem...

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice