1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible Infection

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by GhastlyGhoul, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GhastlyGhoul

GhastlyGhoul Thread Starter

Yeah, Is Security Essentials better, and what is the reason for it being better

2. GhastlyGhoul

Is there anything else I can do? My mouse still flickers whenever I click a link or use the back button, is it possible a virus could cause this? Norton is getting stuck on this file :\ATI\Support\11-8_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocf\Packages\Drivers|WDM\HDMICE\LH64a\AtihdLH6.inf
    and then after it gets stuck it wont open again, untill I go to the support website and run norton power eraser

Edit: I havent ran power eraser yet

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

It's not bloated and problematic and system-hungry like Norton, and it's more user-friendly.

I seriously doubt your mouse flickering is infection-related.

--------------------------------------------------------

4. GhastlyGhoul

Oh, okay, do you know what could cause it, and do you have any idea what that file is?

About the Norton IS2012 thing, I think Norton has come along way with the amount of system usage and there are 50 days left on the subscription, then Ill think about switching.

Thanks for the quick assistance Flavallee, it was very helpful.

5. GhastlyGhoul

Something is still wrong......

6. GhastlyGhoul

I tried a system restore to see if that worked but it didnt do anything, so I went to undo it, and it said it cant extract C:\ error 0x8000ffff and I cant undo the restore

7. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The C:\ATI\Support\ - - - file that you referred to at the beginning of your thread is associated with the ATI graphic device in your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------

Relying on and using System Restore every time you have some "hiccup" with your computer is not a good thing to do and can make the issues even worse.

---------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057097