1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

possible IRQ conflicts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by davidch805, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidch805

davidch805 Thread Starter

Hello all,

For Christmas we got our 3 and a half year old his first PC. Needless to say it's a hand me down of a hand me down. It's a barebones box with a P3 and only 128MB Ram. It came with 2000 Pro on it and I then installed a copy of XP on it. Surprisingly it's not as slow as I thought it would be.

The problem I am having is during boot up I get this message:

Bus:00 Device:12 Function:00 IRQ Setting Error. Press any key to continue.

I of course press the any key on the keyboard and then it proceeds to boot just fine.

I go into the hardware manager and I see no device conflicts at all.

In the BIOS setup this is what I have:

Serial Port 1 Address: 3F8h IRQ 4
    SP2 ADdress 2F8h IRQ 3
    Parallel Port Address 378h IRQ 7

Based on the above information and idea what I need to do to keep from getting the error message at startup?

Thanks
    David

2. bernardus

bernardus

Try to rearrange the cards. sometimes the position is locked up to a device and in conflict.
    Another position may solve the case. You can also uninstall or remove unessantial cards.
    restart and shut down and install them in another place. Some devices share the same ID and runningconditions may cause conflicts. especially fast devices.

bernardus

3. gurutech

gurutech

Try also resetting the BIOS to default values. There may be a conflict somewhere else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice