Possible Moterboard problem? Plase help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FD VISIONS

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted something here. Look forward to come back into play.

I need help with this one. I'm really not that much of a hardware guy, but I am trying to fix my fiend's pc. It's an HP Pavilion Desktop. She unplugged it while it was running and now it won't turn on. The green light on the back flashes when i plug it in. I know the basics so I opened it and disconnected all the drives and still got the flashing light. Now when I unplugged the Motherboard the light stays on and doesn't flash. Does that mean it's the MB that went dead or is it a PSU problem?

I really appreciate it guys. Thanks a lot.

PSU's need several amps of load on the 5v and sometimes the 12v output.

Unplugging the motherboard would likely drop the load to below that at which the PSU will properly start. So it could still be the PSU.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts