1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible Power Source Problem ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Akmorph, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Akmorph

Akmorph Thread Starter

Lately my comp has been resetting alot , on its own i might add. Im an avid gamer and it really sucks when your system decides its gonna reboot on its own for no apparent reason, I currently have a Turbolink Switching Power Supply 420Watt ATX compatable. If anyone has any idea why this might be happening could they give me an insight ? ive done multiple scan disks , virus checks and it has to be hardware related or just a bad PS. I have no IRQ conflicts and mabye i just have too much stuff plugged into it ? specs are below post if able please :)

2. Chum

Chum

Yep, could be your PS...download aida32...it will give you voltage readings.

3. dai

dai

check temps. as well

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Disable automatic reset on an error, and you will see a BSOD and hopefully an error message that will help resolve the cause.

Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and Recovery - Settings - Untick "Automatically restart"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice