Possible power supply issue?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xelief

Computer was taking forever to start up programs and my browser kept freezing for no apperant reason.The computer's only a year old and I've never had this problem before. I shut it down to give it a break since I always leave my computer running. When I turn it on it usually shows a screen for my motherboard and a "press delete to enter BIOS settings" at the bottom, but for no longer than a second. Now when I start my computer it is stuck on this screen and I tried waiting it out but it never went past this point. I hit delete just to see if I could get to my BIOS, but there was no power going to my keyboard. I had three internal hard drives and one external plugged in and the problem with the key board made me think it could be a power problem. I unplugged all hard drives except the one with the OS on it and it had no effect. Any of you guys got any ideas what could be causing this?

dai

try a cmos reset and see if you can access the bios

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

Clear your CMOS then boot. Check if it has any effects.
Try to run memtest86+ on all your RAM sticks if it has errors then that might be the issue. Also, a complete system specification would be great! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online