Possible problem - Firewall!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Harry J. Lui

Hi, I am a new subscriber/user!
I have installed Norton Personal Firewall on PC which is HPpaviliona630n, 160GBHDD, 512, Pentium 4.
I used to chat on mIRC and occasionally transfer files. Now for some reason, I cannot transfer or send files, yet I can receive.
mIRC questions whether Norton might be blocking the transfer. I can't seem to get a positive response to this problem I have just encountered.

What is curious though is that I have been using mIRC since November of last year and no problem. Problem developed about 2 weeks ago and I can't seem to resolve the issue.

I have been asked by the operators to check on Norton Personal Firewall to see if it isn't blocking ports or something. But as I said before, if it didn't happen before, why would it happen now?

I would appreciate some help!

buck52

Banned
welcome Harry

I'm going to move your post to software... this section is for site comments

buck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online