1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible problem with raid drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by technomannt, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. technomannt

technomannt Thread Starter

Lately, in my Event Viewer, I see this several times:
    Event ID: 129
    Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.
    Source: iaStorA

I have a Crucial MX100 SSD along with 2 hard drives. They are not set up in a RAID configuration. Does this error mean that there's a problem with the SSD or the raid drivers? I used the Intel Rapid Storage Technology installer to update the drivers last month. Maybe they're causing the problem. I don't know.

-----
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3071 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: B: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 10552 MB; C: Total - 478522 MB, Free - 46165 MB; D: Total - 9861 MB, Free - 1469 MB; S: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 226632 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Burbank
    Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Are you having any performance issues other than the error message? I also see that most of your drives are near or over 90% full. Less than 15% free space can start having problems.

3. technomannt

I'm having problems when viewing backups with Novastor's NovaBACKUP. I talked to their Tech Support and after they analyzed my system, told me about those errors in Event Viewer.

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Did they offer any suggestions?

5. technomannt

Unfortunately, not. They just said that they found that problem, Event ID: 129, "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued", in my Event Viewer many times.

6. Agye

Agye

you should check your power management setting if is on balance because sometimes changing it to high performance can resolve the issue and the iastore is intel driver so that might also be the case of the error

7. technomannt

I tried that, but I'm still getting the warnings.

8. Agye

Agye

change the PCIE link power management to off

9. Agye

Agye

if you have already tried that and is not working then why don't you roll back to the previous driver update you did through Intel if is going to resolve it to see if we can narrow down the issue?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice