possible problems from booting out of safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jesus McBeef

I wasn't really sure what forum to post this in, but this is my problem:

First of all, I run Windows Xp...I was moving some folders containing pictures, word documents, notepad documents, and a couple programs like some Spyware scanners and WinMx from the C: drive to the D: drive and meanwhile I found some files that could be removed.

I decided to scan and fix some of the noticeable problems with Spybot Search & Destroy, Hijack This, and CWShredder. To fix some of the problems I needed to reboot into Safe Mode, I did so, fixed it, and restarted to go back to Normal Mode. It kept rebooting into Safe Mode so I decided to use the System Restore and go to the last system checkpoint which was just the day before.

Once I was back in the Normal Mode, I went to my D: drive where all my folders were and only about half of them were there. Some of them appeared to have made it in my transferring them, but some didn't. I checked the C: drive and there were only two in it. There are approximately 3 folders missing and some programs like WinMx and CWShredder, Adaware and Hijack This went missing and I don't know where they are. I even used the search option in the popup menu and that yeilded no results.

Was this possibly an effect of the System Restore or what? Anything that you guys can possibly suggest would be great. These folders were important and I would be forever greatful if I could get them back...

I have two things you can try:
1)try logging on as an administrator to see if you can find the files.
2)try to unhide files and folders in folder options

Jesus McBeef

I'm already logged in as an administrator and I checked the hidden files. I haven't found anything yet, but I'm going to continue searching tomorrow.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online