Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possible psu issue

Solved 
650 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  yesnonotyes 
#1 ·
Recently my computer has just been going to a black screen and making a weird noise and i have to completely turn off the computer and restart it to fix it. It only does it when it is under any amount of load, and it makes the computer nearly entirely useless. I have recently moved and before I moved this was not an issue so it might possibly be the power outlets of the new house although I have tried quite a few outlets and the problem still continues

#3 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210427125341.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 590 Series
Hard Drives: C: 914 GB (96 GB Free); D: 15 GB (1 GB Free); E: 465 GB (180 GB Free); T: 1862 GB (1434 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 190856858601627
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#4 ·
Check that the ram, drives and graphics card are all fully into their sockets on the motherboard, it's possible they became loose during your move to the new house. Also check the Cpu heatsink is positioned correctly.

What power supply is in that PC ?

#7 ·
It's often best to remove and reseat the components and connectors. Be sure the power is off/unplugged first, and the power drained (hold the power switch several seconds with the power unplugged).

#9 ·
What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
PRIME X570-P|Motherboards|ASUS USA
Download and install the asus suite which should have monitoring software [usually called dual intelligent processors] Post screenshots of the monitoring program both under a normal load and while running a stress test. Use prime95 or Realbench for the stress test. Let the test run for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.