Possible to add KEYWORDS to file ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FST2005

Hello,

I will try and explain. I have a bunch of PIC's/WEB Template Files/Etc and I want to be able to sort them and find certain ones depending on what the project I'm doing calls for...meaning:

Lets say:
photo #1 is a sunrise with a small pond and two little kids walking
photo #2 is a sunrise with a huge lake and one adult man walking his dog
photo #3 is a sunrise with a small pond and one adult man walking

In order to find the photos I need for a newsletter I'm doing on 'How men should get more exercise's and I want to pull up photos of men or man walking.

If I was able to add certain keywords for each PIC/FILE/etc, it would be:
photo #1 sunrise,small pond,little kids
photo #2 sunrise,lake,man walking,dog
photo #3 sunrise,pond,man walking

Also alot of the files I want to add keywords are web template with an extension of .html and when you right click and goto properties, it gives you no such option to add a keyword.

It would make finding either files or pic's much easier. I'm sorry if my writing was a bit much or confusing. I had a tuff time trying to find the words to explain. Please let me know if there is a program for this or a certain way to do it. Thanks so much for your time and looking forward to hearing back soon.

PS: I know you can add the keywords to the name of the file and when you do a search, it will find it but this will give the file a very long name and I want to somehow add the keywords to the background.

Thanks again,
John K

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
I am not sure if this is what you want.
Right click the File
Select properties.
Click on the summary tab.

FST2005

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, but this proccess will only work for certain file extension. I will also need to use this feature for html and htm extensions. If you try to right click, it will not give you that option for the summary tab.

Please if someone can try and think about where I can find this program...thanks

jk

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Windows has the ability to search inside files. If you put some meta tags in your html files, there shouldn't be an issue with those.

FST2005

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out again. It is a good idea but might be alot of work. I truly hope there is another method to doing this...maybe a program or something.

Seeking for the answer,

JK

FST2005

Hello again,

Thanks for the links but they will not work. It may be able to find the files on my pc but I still cannot add keywords to the htm and html files that I would need to search for.

I never would have thought this to be such a hard app to find. But I guess stranger things have happened.

Thanks and hopfully something will turn up,
JK

FST2005

Hello again,

I feel like I know so much about google and copernic desktop programs...lol. I checked out that link and read everything. It also does not allow me to add keywords to htm or html files. It does say that copernic will search htm files better, but unless I have the keyword I'm looking for, (ie: Fly Fishing) in the title bar of the htm file...it will not find it.

So...the search goes on...I'm still looking all over for this and hopefully if someone else finds it, they will let me know. I know that I could certainly need the help!

Searching all over,
JK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online