1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible to have 2 different IE's?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dojo, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dojo

dojo Thread Starter

Really only want one administrator identity and desktop for my husband and I--our only difference is choice of home page and favorites in Internet Explorer. So is it possible to have two separate, distinct, IE's on the desktop.....one for me and one for him?

Thanks....and THANKS for all the solutions that I've lurked thru on this site!

2. dojo

dojo Thread Starter

forgot to list....Windows XP, IE 7

thanks.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Use separate login accounts. Then you'll have separate profiles with separate Favorites folders.

4. dojo

dojo Thread Starter

Thanks, but I wanted to avoid that since IE homepage and favorites are the only applications that we don't have same. I just thought it would be great to just have two IE's on the same desktop....one mine and one his. I guess it's not possible. Thanks for replying.

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I suppose you could share one and put all your favourites into a folder

one for him and one for you

6. Augie65

Augie65

Another option that you might check, install Firefox and you can have the bookmarks that you want on it
    and use IE for the other. You can use IE and Firefox at the same time.

7. dojo

dojo Thread Starter

That's a good solution and I'm going to pursue it. I've never used firefox but here's a good chance to jump in. Thanks to everyone who answered. I love this site.

8. Augie65

Augie65

I think you will really like Firefox. I have been using it since version .08.
    If you have any problems with Firefox, just post on the forum and you
    will receive the best of help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice