Possible to have 2 different IE's?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dojo

Really only want one administrator identity and desktop for my husband and I--our only difference is choice of home page and favorites in Internet Explorer. So is it possible to have two separate, distinct, IE's on the desktop.....one for me and one for him?

Thanks....and THANKS for all the solutions that I've lurked thru on this site!

DoubleHelix

Banned
Use separate login accounts. Then you'll have separate profiles with separate Favorites folders.

dojo

Thanks, but I wanted to avoid that since IE homepage and favorites are the only applications that we don't have same. I just thought it would be great to just have two IE's on the same desktop....one mine and one his. I guess it's not possible. Thanks for replying.

I suppose you could share one and put all your favourites into a folder

one for him and one for you

Another option that you might check, install Firefox and you can have the bookmarks that you want on it
and use IE for the other. You can use IE and Firefox at the same time.

dojo

That's a good solution and I'm going to pursue it. I've never used firefox but here's a good chance to jump in. Thanks to everyone who answered. I love this site.

I think you will really like Firefox. I have been using it since version .08.
If you have any problems with Firefox, just post on the forum and you
will receive the best of help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online