Possible to rebuild folder structure of .mfx files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MadsN

Help! I hope it is possible to save my recordings.
As I transferred shots from one of the slot with a P2 on a HVX200 something went wrong. Instead I had to restore the files from a piece of software.To my PC. But the folder structure is not intact. Also, when placing the P2 back in the slot, the cam tells me "Format err!"

At my Pc I see all my .mfx, but they are not organized in separate folders. I shot HD, approx 21 shots.

I am not able to play them and am missing the lastfile.txt-file.

I see some of the files (might be the 21) are qute big. Could be them. What do I do? Is it possible to rebuild the structure of the folders - putting video in a video folder, audio in an audio folder and so on? Please help. Worst Xmas gift ever - but help would be the best.

Oddba11

Jim
File/data recovery software doesn't restore the folder structure. You will have to create the folders by hand. And if the files are not useable, then the software didn't actually recover the files.

Also, WHERE did you "restore" the files? You cannot restore to the same drive/device that you are trying to read the files. Doing so will cause further data corruption as new data is written over the data that you are trying to save.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online