1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Possible virus/WerFault.exe Application Error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ironmanfolgore, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironmanfolgore

ironmanfolgore Thread Starter

Hi all,

Of late I seem to be receiving numerous pop-up errors titled WerFault.exe - Application Error. Most of them seem to say "The instruction at 0x0095e0cc referenced memory at 0x0095e0cc. The memory could not be written."

These seem to appear randomly, but only when I use either Internet Explorer or MS Word. Usually, I use Firefox. When I reboot the computer, these errors go away, and I am once again able to use IE and Word, but only for so long, and the errors resurface. As soon as the error appears, IE/Word crashes, and any subsequent attempt to run IE/Word without rebooting the computer will result in IE/Word "Not Responding".

I have run sfc /scannow on Command Prompt and it tells me that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Finally, these problems seem to have arisen after I installed the following programs: Audacity 2.0, Freecorder 4 and 6, and Origin by EA Games.

I would appreciate any help given!

Many thanks in advance to you guys!

2. ironmanfolgore

ironmanfolgore Thread Starter

Also, I have tried stopping and disabling the Windows Error Reporting system, but it does not solve the problem.

Fyi, my laptop is an Asus K43S, running on a Windows 7 OS.

Once again, thanks for any help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!