Post Code A2/ HDD CMOS Error

cycobob5500

I keep getting the post code/Q code A2 which means it can't find my drivers which makes no sense to me because when I put my Drivers back into my other PC, its boots up just fine, any recommendations, I'm headed off to work right now and will check the replies later.

cycobob5500

This is a mobo code
Specs:
MOBO - rog maximus xii extreme
GPU - RTX 3080
CPU - i9 10850k
PSU - 750W Gold
Memory - 32 GBs

crjdriver

Drivers are not loaded during POST. Drivers are loaded when windows loads.
when I put my Drivers back into my other PC
How in the world do you put your drivers in another system???
Are you by chance referring to drives ie hard drives? Drives and drivers are two very different things.

cycobob5500

I just bought the mobo and have never got past post with it im only using one driver which is an SSD which boots my other computer perfectly fine, I do have another driver in there which is an M.2 which has never been used just bought it and put it into the system to have more storage

cycobob5500

Drivers are not loaded during POST. Drivers are loaded when windows loads.

How in the world do you put your drivers in another system???
Are you by chance referring to drives ie hard drives? Drives and drivers are two very different things.
Yes I was referring to the Drives, how am i meant to see if my drivers are up to date with my mobo if I can't get the computer to launch past post

crjdriver

OK, if I understand your post, you cannot see any drives in the bios. Do the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed
2 Reseat both the sata data cable and the pw connector. Be sure both ends ie motherboard and drive have been reseated
3 Pw ON and enter the bios. See if your drive is detected. If not, shutdown and try another data cable. Try a different sata port. If it still is not detected in the bios, either the drive OR the motherboard controller has failed

Be sure and try a different sata port. Since you have a M.2 drive, sometimes a sata port is disabled when you install a M.2 drive.
Be sure your sata ports are enabled in the bios. I checked your manual and it is pretty much useless. The paper manual that comes with your board may be better. Read the manual and see if you can enable/disable sata ports.

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you are not seeing anything on screen, are you using a 4K monitor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online