1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Post dated timestamps????

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by qblitz, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qblitz

qblitz Thread Starter

i posted about two months ago (search qblitz) and no one could help me with why my system wasn't responding. It happened again on Jan 1. At 7:10am per my system clock, here are some registry entries found by EasyCleaner. Look at the time stamps of the first two entries.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software\Lexmark\MarkVision\LexBCE\Debug Options 1/1/2007 12:04:34 PM Log File C:\LEXBCE32.LOG
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software\Lexmark\MarkVision\LexBCE\Debug Options 1/1/2007 12:04:34 PM Print Log File C:\LEXBCE32_PRINT.LOG
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software\Microsoft\IMAPI\StashInfo 12/30/2006 6:53:56 AM StashPath C:\W

It again happened yesterday. And again, the registries entries were timestamped a day later.

And again, i am perplexed why the system starts responding normally for no apparent reason. i do do activies such as restore to an earlier time, remove entires with hijack and put them back, start up with less services, etc. Nothing works. The system comes back only when i get into a user account fast enough, and then, that only works sometimes. Most of the time, i can operate normally for about two minutes, then weird things happen. folders dont open, icons don't work, etc.

The only abnormality i can see are the registry dates. Anyone see anything like this before. Is it malware or a corrupt file. Any idea on what might be the cause or what to look for next?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537849

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice