1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

postcard.exe virus and internet connection

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by madd74, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madd74

madd74 Thread Starter

Nov 9, 2003
    My silly girlfriend opened an exe file from a hacked facebook account that had her open this file. After doing some extensive work to remove the virus, we are not able to get her up on the net with either FF2 or IE7. I noticed that her internet connection works because I can ping out, and when the computer boots now there are two DLL files error messages that come up. I am thinking it is related to her ability to surf. I am not home at this very moment, however thought it was time for me to get the ball rolling on fixing her problem.

Does anyone know what files I might be able to download to fix the issue that would prevent surfing with different browsers?

When I get the chance, I can post a hijack this report, but as noted, not at home, and she has no way to do it and submit it since everything she does is web based, thanks!
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/814297