1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Posting an image

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Shamrock, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

How do I post a gif that is on my hard drive?

2. RandyG

RandyG

Right below the Reply box, and above the Submit Reply button, you will see the Attach File option. Click Browse and select the image you want to upload.

Submit your message. When it brings you to the post you just made, right-click the attachment and choose "Copy Shortcut" and then Edit your post

insert the copied link between tags to display.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

thank you RandyG....now, if this works, I was wondering if someone could make the back ground transparent without
    making the face and part of the airplane transparent...as happened when I did it.

Attached Files:

4. hewee

hewee

Here you go Shamrock. I had to remove all the white but then just filled in the holes with the blues and the filled the white back where it was needed.

Here is a .png format that has not background.
    Better the a .gif.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

hewee: Thank you but I guess I didn't explain correctly. I didn't want the white background so I could use the pic. on other color backgrounds. I wanted the background transparent not white. As shown in this gif...except then the face and part of the airplane got transparent too and that is what I was trying to get fixed. To have the face and airplane still show white but no white background.:)

Attached Files:

6. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

howdy

hewees' did not appear transparent to me either

see if this one works... [​IMG]

buck

Attached Files:

7. hewee

hewee

It sure does have a transparent background on the .png.

Here is the same .png image I post above added to a yellow background.
    Your see I missed some place because they are now yellow also.
    I can fix them to.

Attached Files:

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Thread Starter

wanabe_buck: Thank you...yes this works.

Hewee: Thank you ... I don't know why yours didn't work for me. I tried it on a black background and it had the white behind the airplane.

9. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

Hi hewee

not sure why...maybe because I have not fooled with the png format before but...here's what happens if I copy your shortcut and display it..
    [​IMG]

buck

10. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

Looks the same to me to buck, opened it in irfanview and thats what I got to :)... not sure whats wrong Hewee :)...but you'll figure it out !

11. hewee

hewee

Well then the site is doing somthing to the .png images here and adding the white background to it.
    I posted them here in the pass in the image thread and they were ok or I think they where. Maybe things changed after the upgrade.

See attach image and it does not have a background.
    The left image is what your are working on and the right one is what the saved image will be.

Attached Files:

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice