1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Posting .FLV Videos on Joomla

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by LoveLikeaHippie, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LoveLikeaHippie

LoveLikeaHippie Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I am having some trouble with Joomla (what's new). I am trying to post a .flv that was recorded over a green screen on our website. It's just a video of the attorney talking that is supposed to play when someone enters the site.

Unfortunately, Joomla required me to install a plugin called AllVideo to embed the video within an article. The plugin advised that I use the code {flv}name of file{/flv}, so that's what I did. However, the code keeps posting as text. I tried posting the video location instead of just the name and that didn't work either.

I also uploaded the video to YouTube and embeded it that way, but it didn't post right. It's supposed to be just the attorney standing there, not a video box. So alas, YouTube won't work.

With this type of video am I supposed to place it within the HTML of the template maybe and if so, where?

Thanks in advance!

2. dukevyner

dukevyner

try using the full location of the file e.x. {flv}http://yourwebsite.com/videos/name of file.flv{/flv}
    i've never used joomla (prefer to code stuff my self) so i have no experience... but is { } correct? what do you mean the code shows up like "{flv}name of file{/flv}" if so then i'd would think the the { } is the wrong symbol...but i'm not certain

3. LoveLikeaHippie

LoveLikeaHippie Thread Starter

According to the plugin for Joomla, that is the way the code is suppose to be written with those symbols { }, but I have a feeling that Joomla is editing the code as it has a tendency to do. I actually tried putting the whole video name as well and that didn't work either.

As such, my next question is are there any other tags I can use instead of the { }? I tried < >, but apparently that wasn't the way to go. The code didn't appear as text, but it also did nothing at all.

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

Just a shot in the dark suggestion, but maybe you could try <object></object>... whenever I have embedded .swf files, that is the tag I've used and I guess that it also applies to .flv files. You may also want to look at this link for embedding objects

5. artonweb

artonweb

Good morning,
    The problem is the path of your video.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068844