Potential GPU Issue? Lots of games crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StormDin0

I will check this later today. Off to the gym and then some errands.
I think this might be of particular interest. While running the 3D stress test OCCT I had an error occur. within about 5 minutes into the 10-minute stress test. This is very consistent with the time frame of all the crashes. I can get about 5 minutes of game time then it crashes. to see please jump 23:03.

Also here is a screenshot of the test I ran it again. Some time to note all the fans in the case ramped up to insane levels when the first error popped up. However, this does not happen during gameplay, not to the level this was at during the test.

Also here is the Normal load test.

if you need me to run anything again I will.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for your response, Apologies I don't mean to be rude but have you read my full post? I have answered all your questions in the post as well as having temps during gameplay. Here are Temps of idle workload just browsing on the internet. All drivers up to date. My windows are up to date, Bios up to date, I performed a DDU clean install of my GPU drivers this morning so they are fresh up to date. All of which I have specificed. Thanks Hopefully this answers your question and might be able to provide more help!
Sorry about that but I was trying to verify that you were sure you had done that. You have to understand that I don't know anything about you and can assume nothing. Hopefully some stress tests will uncover something. It all comes down to how much time do you want to spend on this. At some point it might be better to just do a clean install of Windows 10. I know for some people these are blasphemous words but you have to weigh the cost benefits of how you solve this problem.

StormDin0

Sorry about that but I was trying to verify that you were sure you had done that. You have to understand that I don't know anything about you and can assume nothing. Hopefully some stress tests will uncover something. It all comes down to how much time do you want to spend on this. At some point it might be better to just do a clean install of Windows 10. I know for some people these are blasphemous words but you have to weigh the cost benefits of how you solve this problem.
No I understand I didn't mean to be so hostile and apologies if it came across as such. I'm happy to spend as much time that is necessary as this issue plagued my last system so the fact it's jumped onto my new system has irritated me quite a bit so I'm happy to invest alot of time into this. I know that a fresh windows install does not work I done that 3 times on my last system and the issue still persist. On my most recent response I have posted a screenshot of the stress test and clips that currently uploading. From the error in the stress test I would presume this is a hardware issue no?

crjdriver

Where are the screenshots from gigabyte system information viewer for both no load and full load?
While OCCT does have monitoring, it is best to use the purpose designed software for temps and voltages.

StormDin0

Where are the screenshots from gigabyte system information viewer for both no load and full load?
While OCCT does have monitoring, it is best to use the purpose designed software for temps and voltages.
Apologies Had to re-do them as they weren't the right ones. Hopefully these are the right ones. Combo of screenshots and quick vids underloads in various games

RE:Village -
Destiny 2 -
Gears 5 -

Screenshots

However, if this still is not right could you please let me know what part of the system viewer you would like the record or the hardware monitor. All screenshots are of the hardware monitor

Attachments

crjdriver

Do not use a game for the load test. Use prime95 or OCCT. OCCT has numerous tests ie system, video, and pw supply. If you want to use OCCT for the test, run both the system and the video or gpu test. Have SIV open to the alarm tab. That will show temps and voltages.
From what I can see, it looks like your pw supply is fine and I did not see too high of a cpu temp however do the test as outlined above and not when running a game.
You can test your video card with OCCT video test to see if the card is causing your problem.

StormDin0

Do not use a game for the load test. Use prime95 or OCCT. OCCT has numerous tests ie system, video, and pw supply. If you want to use OCCT for the test, run both the system and the video or gpu test. Have SIV open to the alarm tab. That will show temps and voltages.
From what I can see, it looks like your pw supply is fine and I did not see too high of a cpu temp however do the test as outlined above and not when running a game.
You can test your video card with OCCT video test to see if the card is causing your problem.
Ah right I'll jump on that now. I did get a problem running the 3D test on OCCT

Attachments

crjdriver

You may have a video card that is starting to fail however run the tests. If the full load test looks good, then I would suspect the video card.
Did you ever overclock this card?

StormDin0

You may have a video card that is starting to fail however run the tests. If the full load test looks good, then I would suspect the video card.
Did you ever overclock this card?
Never overclocked beyond factory but these were already overclocked from the factory. Running the tests now will have them over shortly.

StormDin0

Hopefully, this is right now??

I got an error again running the 3D test this is the quickest the error has happened during the three times I've run this test today. I have no problem running any other tests I have run all of the tests on with 10 minutes and the only one to have an error was the 3D that had an error 3 times.

Attachments

crjdriver

Your cooling and pw supply look OK. I would put money on a failing video card.
You can pull your card out and make sure the heatsinks are firmly attached, no dust, etc however I would put money on a failing video card.
If you have another video card sitting around, you can swap that in for testing to be absolutely sure.

StormDin0

Your cooling and pw supply look OK. I would put money on a failing video card.
You can pull your card out and make sure the heatsinks are firmly attached, no dust, etc however I would put money on a failing video card.
If you have another video card sitting around, you can swap that in for testing to be absolutely sure.
Unfortunately, I don't have another GPU I can just shove in. I wanted to buy a new one but as the GPU market is absolutely buggered right now it's not really an option. I had a hunch a while back that my GPU was failing as on my old system I ended up getting a lot of BSOD after having the same issues with games that I am currently dealing with. However, after 3 clean wipes and installs it was working but only when I played in Nvidia debugged mode. So I decided to build a new rig which is what I am currently running and the only part that was in both systems was the GPU and the issues have carried from one system to another. So it probably is the beginning of the end for my GPU. However, I only have a budget of £500-£600 and you can't get anything for that price currently on the market.

Unfortunately, I don't have another GPU I can just shove in. I wanted to buy a new one but as the GPU market is absolutely buggered right now it's not really an option. I had a hunch a while back that my GPU was failing as on my old system I ended up getting a lot of BSOD after having the same issues with games that I am currently dealing with. However, after 3 clean wipes and installs it was working but only when I played in Nvidia debugged mode. So I decided to build a new rig which is what I am currently running and the only part that was in both systems was the GPU and the issues have carried from one system to another. So it probably is the beginning of the end for my GPU. However, I only have a budget of £500-£600 and you can't get anything for that price currently on the market.
Would you consider a GTX 1660 Super? You can get one right now for £600-£700? It is not quite as good as a GTX 1080 but is comparable in performance to a GTX 1070.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER vs NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
https://www.gpucheck.com/compare/nv...8700k-3-70ghz-vs-intel-core-i7-6700k-4-00ghz/

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER vs NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
https://www.gpucheck.com/compare/nv...8700k-3-70ghz-vs-intel-core-i7-6700k-4-00ghz/

Ryzen 5 5600x with GTX 1660 super in 2021

StormDin0

Would you consider a GTX 1660 Super? You can get one right now for £600-£700? It is not quite as good as a GTX 1080 but is comparable in performance to a GTX 1070.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER vs NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER vs NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Ryzen 5 5600x with GTX 1660 super in 2021
Unfortunately I wouldn't go for a GTX 1660. I know the market is buggered rn. But I'm not looking to pay £600-700 on a card that's not as good as my current card, significantly over priced and more expensive than what I paid for my current card it would be a downgrade. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to keep looking and keep my hopes up.

Tanis

Shane
Unfortunately I wouldn't go for a GTX 1660. I know the market is buggered rn. But I'm not looking to pay £600-700 on a card that's not as good as my current card, significantly over priced and more expensive than what I paid for my current card it would be a downgrade. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to keep looking and keep my hopes up.
Have to agree, no way I would pay that sort of money for 1660 even if it was an upgrade.

Definitely sounds like a GPU issue, unfortunate given the current climate :cry:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online