1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Potential Graphic Card Issue?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kailiebe, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kailiebe

Kailiebe Thread Starter

I'm hoping that I've put this in the right forum :p

A couple of months back, I bought Tomb Raider: Anniversary for my computer and kept having random crashes while playing it. After this annoyance got out of hand, I had my computer checked and the problem appeared to be a faulty hard-drive. With no apparent way to rescue it, the offending item was duly removed, and the problems ceased.

Until now.

Within the last month or so, I've acquired a number of new games, these being ShadowRun, Halo 2 and Assassins Creed (all for PC, obviously). All these games have caused my computer to freeze intermittently and eventually crash (Blue Screen of Death!), which I can assure you is irritating as anything. Especially when it wipes your game data.

As you can imagine, these games have high requirements for play, and I'm wondering whether its my graphics card that's behind this series of annoyances? I have a Radeon X1950 Pro, which is initially accepted by all the games (I do have the minimum requirements for all of the aforementioned titles).

So, can anyone suggest what my problem might be? And, even better, might you be able to suggest a solution? Altair and MasterChief need you!

Many thanks :)

P.S - If I've omitted any major details, please hasten to tell me, so that I can amend them forthwith!

2. Kailiebe

Kailiebe Thread Starter

My computer is a Dell Dimension 9200 if thats any use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice