1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Potential Malware Confusion

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by shibling, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shibling

shibling Thread Starter

Recently, i found that IE8 would be running in the background using Several thousand I/O reads in 'Processes' in 'Windows Task Manager'. i first noticed this when i was watching a movie and could hear a typing sound in the background. at first i thought this was the quality of the movie. i paused the movie and closed the browser (chrome) but the typing continued. i then checked WTM and could see that IE8 was taking up several I/O reads. i ended the process of IE8 and the typing went away. IE8 was running and using up the most I/O reads which i think might have meant that someone was piggybacking on my computer and using the browser, the typing was pretty common as in it was most likely human based on the frequency of the typing.

i noticed
    rundll32 "C: \Windows\$NtUninstallMTF197$\sfclp.dll",,Run

running on the startup programs through msconfig and was wondering whether this was the root of the cause.
    i started finding that every time i open IE8 that the typing sound is still there and there are random sites, under the resotration of previously closed sites. the one that is open most of the time is

http://cnfg.kusochtak.com/cnfg/actv.htm

which doesnt actually show anything but i think it might be an infected site allowing access to my pc

any help in this matter will be much appreciated

i dont use IE8 its just there as a tertiary browser after Mozilla and Chrome which is my primary browser

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice