1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Potentially Extremely Embarassing- Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Radek, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Radek

Radek Thread Starter

My situation is uncommon and quite uniquie. One day my curiosity got the best of me and I installed "Virtua Girl". I got rid of the program shortly after and its been several months I belive since its been on my computer. But then when managing my toolbar I came across this: (Please consult attached image).

There is no way at all to right click on this "Virtua Girl" tab, and the only manipulating forces i have over it is to select when I want its shortcut icon to appear. Please note that this program has been deleted and does not remain on my system. I did a full C:/ search for "Virtua" - nothing came up either.

Baisically the picture shows
    Step 1: Right Click on task bar and chose properties.

Step 2: Click Customize on Taskbar Tab in Notification Area box.

Step 3: Custimize Notifications window pops up, the Virtua Girl selection is under the "Past Items" section, i need to scroll down.

Step4: Is the actual item i need removed.

Any help to rid my computer of this menace would be extrmeley appreciated, and the sooner the better.

Best Regards,
    Radek

Attached Files:

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

3. Radek

Radek Thread Starter

I love you!

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Radek,

LOL You're welcome.

Mo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice