1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PowePoint 2003; Automatically updating date on looping PPT

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RCU, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCU

RCU Thread Starter

Greetings all,

I am making a looping powerpoint to be displayed on monitors. What I cant seem to do is have a counter update daily. My goal is to have a slide which shows how many days have passed since an important event, and not have to update it everyday.

The closest I have come is to imbed an excel sheet that has "=TODAY()-A2", with "A2" containing the comparison date. But with this, I have to open the imbeded sheet, then click back out to have it update itself.

Any knowledge on how I can have Powerpoint do this for me while it's in presentation mode?

Thanks in advance folks!

P.S. it will be running on a PC not saved to a disc.

2. RCU

RCU Thread Starter

Anyone have any ideas, or already know it's not possible?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!