Power adapter acting strange

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DocSmooth

Hallo my power adapter has been acting strange, it takes anywhere from 10 min to 3 hours for my adapter to turn on. But it does turn on, only it takes awhile before it happens.
I would like to know if anybody can explain why this is happening, it's very frustrating not being able to move my laptop without having to wait a long time for the power to kick in again.

plodr

Liz
I don't understand why you are unable to move your laptop. This has nothing to do with a power adapter.
Power adapters don't wait to "kick in". You plug the adapter into a wall plug and it is on. If your doesn't go on, some part of it is damaged or the wall outlet is faulty.

You supplied no hardware information.
1. Brand and model of laptop.
2. Is the power adapter the original?
3. Does the laptop run on battery okay?

DocSmooth

it has nothing to do with my laptop, when i plug in the cable there is no power running through it, then I wait some time and then there is power coming through.
The visible way other than checking on my laptop, is the little light on the adapter, it is only turned on when power is going through.

plodr

Liz
when i plug in the cable there is no power running through it,
Then you need to replace this. There is something wrong if the adapter light does not come on immediately.

And you've tried this in other wall plugs with the same result? (This is to rule out a faulty wall plug).

I would replace it because faulty electrical items have been known to cause house fires.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online