1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power adapter cord for scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by catlady13, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. catlady13

catlady13 Thread Starter

My best friend lost her power cord and her usb attachment cord to her new scanner. I am wondering if I can give her the power cord from my old scanner instead of her trying to find a new one to buy. Is there a standard step down for most scanners or could it be different and fry her new scanner ? Hers is an HP and my old one was a Umax . Thank you for any advice .

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. catlady13

catlady13 Thread Starter

Thank you very much . That is what my friend is going to do. I just wish one could buy parts as easily in Canada as one can in the USA. I would hate to see her fry her new scanner .. so thanks again .

4. old tek

old tek

If you was a old analog hacker like me you would know what to do..wall-wart's come in maney flavories (volt/amps)...most say what thay are or if you can read a dvm....and know a bit about ohm's law..go for it with caution..
    or dont risk a bit of adventure..buy a new wall-wart PS...but if a sub make sure it right

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice