1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power and Reset Wiring

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boggles, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boggles

Boggles Thread Starter

OK Guys i finally got the case and mother board i want but now i have a problem! The power wire that connects to my mother board just Say's power and is not marked pos or neg and the board has pos and neg. this is also true with the reset wire it just says reset no pos or neg and my led light wire is the same! The power wires one is orange and one is white, The reset wires are Blue and white? So what I'm asking is the dark or colored wire always the pos wire and the white one the neg or what ????? How do i tell the difference??? Also thanks for all the help on which hard drives to use and which CPU is better just so all you guys that helped me on those post's i went with An AMD AThlon CPU and a Seagate Sata hard drive O yea and You guy's that said ECS mobo's were junk ill have to say you were right cuz i bought one and already had to take it back now i got a Ansu Thanks for all your help!! Just help me with this wire issue now plz LOL LOL:D

2. Boggles

Boggles Thread Starter

Come on guys i really need help with this wiring poblem

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have the make/model of the motherboard
    and the make/model of the PSU

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    For the power and reset switches the polarity does NOT matter.

5. Boggles

Boggles Thread Starter

Cool thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice