1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power button

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yogi60, Jun 10, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. yogi60

yogi60 Thread Starter

have corsair 570x when I push start button, light in computer flash then off.
    have to turn power supply off then on, then push the power button on the case to turn on.
    runs fine after that. This also happened on corsair 540 case. But not my thermaltake case

2. Sponsor

3. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Just an idea. Check sleep and hibernation settings. Set to not allow. THen shut machine off and see if a single push on the power button will work.

4. yogi60

yogi60 Thread Starter

Settings are set to never for sleep and hibernation. If I turn machine off once it's on it works without problem. The issue is with turning on first time in morning.
    thanks for help

5. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    So, if I understand correctly. You can turn it off, wait a few moments, then restart without problems? But if you shut it down for hours, as in overnight, then it won't start on the first push of the button. It that correct?

That is a tough one. I have no answer right on the top of my head. Let me do a little research and I'll get back to you. If you don't hear from me within a "reasonable" amount, then send a reminder here. It'll probably mean that I got sidetracked and forgot. Such is the life of an old man.(n)

6. yogi60

yogi60 Thread Starter

that's exactly the problem. three different corsair cases two different asus motherboards and two different company power supply (evga 1200 and corsair rm1000)

7. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Still haven't found anything relevant to your case, no pun intended. But, just for eleminate one possibility, before pressing the button the first time. If there's a power switch on the supply itself, try to turn it off for a few seconds before attempting the first boot. See if that'll work. Just as a test.

8. yogi60

yogi60 Thread Starter

ok thank you

9. yogi60

yogi60 Thread Starter

tried what you said and that seems to work. Also worked with other corsair case (400c). I'm using 570x now. I haven't tried other corsair case yet (540).
    ty again

10. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    So it seems like your system needs to discharge any stored power in the capacitors before you can boot. That's odd. I have absolutely no explanation for that.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice