1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

power cut problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 10sparky, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 10sparky

10sparky Thread Starter

I have a multi media system built for me by a friend which runs on windows 7 but since a recent power cut it will only open in safe mode, I have tried to reboot the system and open in normal mode but the screen shows no signal, can you help.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Maybe he connected something wrong or configured it wrong. Try talking to him to see if he can fix the problem.

3. 10sparky

10sparky Thread Starter

thanks but we have already tried this, was wondering if we could by-pass the safe mode maybe by returning to an earlier time and resetting the system

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried by unplugging you computer from the wall outlet, remove battery, and press power button for at least 30 seconds and try again.

5. 10sparky

10sparky Thread Starter

thanks texasbullet this worked as I now have access to the internet to be able to watch movies but now have no sound, can you point me in the right direction as I have sound on normal t.v.

6. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    you need to connect your computer into your tv by using an HDMI cable or VGA cable.

7. 10sparky

10sparky Thread Starter

thank you texasbullet everything working perfectly, it appears that the hdmi cable had a fault and by replacing it with a spare all seems okay, once again many thanks for your help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice