1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power dimming after boot. Problem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oneSorcerer, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oneSorcerer

oneSorcerer Thread Starter

Hi I wasn't really sure which category this would fall under, but it's likely a hardware issue I think.

I just put this new system together, and it runs great, but I'm worried about a slight quirk. After getting to the desktop, maybe 5 or 6 seconds later the PC seems like it's going to shut off. All the fans slow to almost a stop, and the lights in the PSU go so dim you can barely see them. Only for about a second, then it comes back to life. There isn't any issues on-screen or anything, I'm just wondering if this is hurting my computer, and wondering why it is happening. Thanks!

specs are in the dropdown, but here they are anyway.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX mobo
    amd athlon fx 8150
    gtx 560 ti
    kingwin 750w modular
    win 7 ultimate x64

2. mormad

mormad

I am not sure if it will help, but, maybe try updating your BIOS.

I cant really think how it can possibly damage your computer though..I would be more concerned if the fans would start spinning like crazy instead and your computer would roar like a beast which would mean heat problem or voltage issues =)

3. oneSorcerer

Had to put the new bios on to recognize this processor. bump.

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  5. oneSorcerer

Attached Files:

• HWM.PNG
      HWM.PNG
      File size:
      161.3 KB
      Views:
  6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    The 12V rail seems a tad low; but I believe within limits. I would leave HW on for awhile and see what happens. Also, I'm sure one of the Tech's will be along to help out. One other thing I would do is to check all connections to be sure everything is good and secure. I'm sure you have already done that; but you never know.

7. oneSorcerer

hey its worth checking, thanks for the advice. Like I said the thing works like a dream, probably the most stable PC I've ever had, but I'm just concerned the power fluctuation is hurting something.

8. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Any other ideas for oneSorcerer?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice