power failier

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noddy_o

i have just purchased a new pc at xmas..it was fine but now seems to be dead..having changed the main power lead with no success is it possible the psu has failed..and is there a fuse or trip anywere to check ??? i am awaiting a reply from the company i got it but are there any checks i can look 4..cheers:mad:

Check the switch on the back and make sure it did not get set wrong. The circle should be up line should be down

noddy_o

done all that...gone throo all the obvious...seems like its not getting any power from psu

noddy_o

yer i plugged my laptop in and it works ok same socket...i tried a lead of an old pc which works but new pc no joy..

I beleave you are right it sounds like a powersupply is bad. They are not hard to replace depends on which computer company you bought from they may just send you a replacement and tell you to put it in or it would be quicker to just buy one and put it in just make sure that it will not void your warrenty.

noddy_o

ok cheers..i will email and ask them that first...thx 4 the help...if anybody has any other ideas i would be greatfull thx

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
While the P/S is probably the top suspect, there are other things that can cause a PC not to power up. Just knocking the little power switch connector off the MB connection, or the power switch pushbutton being bad will keep the machine from powering up. There is no fuse that you can access easily.

I'd first check all the internal connections and make sure everything is seated properly, it's not uncommon for things to be loose from shipment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online