1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power Flashes when I flip the power supply switch..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blinding, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blinding

Blinding Thread Starter

Yea...so we finally got my girlfriends new PC up and running. The problem im having...or more of a concern really. Is when you flip off the power supply, and then flip it back on, the PC gets a short burst of power. IE the lights and fans all come on for a second or two. Then you can press the power button and turn it back on.

Any ideas guys?

2. Yousef210

Yousef210

yea some computers do that, when you plus the power cord in, the electric current has to get into the mobo, kinda like a pre-warm up

3. Blinding

Blinding Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply. Not that I dont trust you but can anyone else verify this as I cant find any info on it on the web.(Verify what yousef said)

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

That's normal behavior on some power supplys and boards. You really shouldn't need to turn the power supply off at the unit, let the machine shut down the power supply when you shut down windows.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes that is normal on many systems. One of the reasons for the behavior to allow for Wake-On/Power-On functions of the board.

6. Blinding

Blinding Thread Starter

Thanks guys. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice