1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power icon gone

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PJam15, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PJam15

PJam15 Thread Starter

I don't know why or how this happened, but, for some reason my computer started having issues with the Internet and along with this is no longer showing the 'power' icon on the task bar. When I try to turn this feature back on its greyed out and won't let me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like a missing file or damaged registry. Have you used any tools or cleaned the machine?

Try System Restore if you need it.

3. PJam15

PJam15 Thread Starter

I did try the system restore, but it's still not there. Maybe I will go back as far as possible or something. Do you have any other suggestions?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. PJam15

PJam15 Thread Starter

Which tools are you referring to? And would this be defragmentation?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054750