1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power issue in TOSHIBA LAPTOP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gogogrand, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gogogrand

gogogrand Thread Starter

I ALWAYS USED TO WORK ON MY LAP WITH CHARGER PLUGGED IN BECAUSE MY BATTERY DIE QUICKLY , SO LAST NIGHT I PLUGGED OUT THE ACE ADAPTER by accident and my laptop powered off even my battery was fully charged i i plugged it again and what happens it is powered on automatically without me press the power button !!

please help what can i do to solve this

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Motherboard power circuitry is likely faulty.

Try using it with the battery removed.

3. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    If you shut it down properly (Start/Shut down ...), does it power off and stay off?

4. gogogrand

gogogrand Thread Starter

yeah i do shut it down properly it doesn't stay powered off i can power it on again , the powering on automatically solved but i am wondering here why my battery is not working any more !

5. gogogrand

gogogrand Thread Starter

I tried that it still the same issue , but one problem solved , the laptop is no loner power on automatically when plug in the charger

6. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    How old is the laptop? Batteries will typically only last about 2-3 years, at best.

7. gogogrand

gogogrand Thread Starter

The laptop is just one year exactly of use but i use it most of the day and i always let the charge plugged in because the battery die so fast it didn't last even an hour

8. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Not using the battery could hasten it's demise. It should cycle periodically. Check with the mfr. Batteries sometimes carry a 1-year warranty.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice