Power issue in TOSHIBA LAPTOP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gogogrand

I ALWAYS USED TO WORK ON MY LAP WITH CHARGER PLUGGED IN BECAUSE MY BATTERY DIE QUICKLY , SO LAST NIGHT I PLUGGED OUT THE ACE ADAPTER by accident and my laptop powered off even my battery was fully charged i i plugged it again and what happens it is powered on automatically without me press the power button !!

please help what can i do to solve this

First Name
Jim
Motherboard power circuitry is likely faulty.

Try using it with the battery removed.

First Name
Mark
If you shut it down properly (Start/Shut down ...), does it power off and stay off?

gogogrand

yeah i do shut it down properly it doesn't stay powered off i can power it on again , the powering on automatically solved but i am wondering here why my battery is not working any more !

gogogrand

I tried that it still the same issue , but one problem solved , the laptop is no loner power on automatically when plug in the charger

First Name
Mark
How old is the laptop? Batteries will typically only last about 2-3 years, at best.

gogogrand

The laptop is just one year exactly of use but i use it most of the day and i always let the charge plugged in because the battery die so fast it didn't last even an hour

First Name
Mark
Not using the battery could hasten it's demise. It should cycle periodically. Check with the mfr. Batteries sometimes carry a 1-year warranty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online