1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Power issue with my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrday0703, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrday0703

mrday0703 Thread Starter

I have a power up issue with my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033. About a month ago my laptop suddenly shutoff and is showing no power incoming/charging. When I try removing the charger and plug and holdong down the power button it ends up not doing anything andiI've tried for about 5 mins. It does however light up for a split second when I remove the battery and plug the adapter in; it makes the power led flicker red and out again. I'm thinking it was just fried/motherboard dead but since its lighting up I'm hoping that's not the case.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Have you tried a new/different charger with same input/output????

3. mrday0703

mrday0703 Thread Starter

Yes and a different battery. Same thing, led just flickers red then goes dark.

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    it could be the charging port...im not sure if it can be replaced/repaired without having to get a new board though...

5. mrday0703

mrday0703 Thread Starter

I thought it was that but the way its been acting like steps to get it tk make that flicker makes.me think otherwise. It is an easy fix its all 1 piece unless I wanted to just get the port and sodder the leads onto it. I was thinking that it could be an error code.or something? Might be wishful thinking, computers are never that easy lol

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    unfortunately they mostly are complicated, sorry good luck though

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Based on my experience with older Toshiba Satellite laptops, I'm guessing one or both needs to be done:

1. The hard drive needs to be replaced.

2. A clean reinstall of Windows needs to be done.

------------------------------------------------------------

8. mrday0703

mrday0703 Thread Starter

No point in having a HDD replaced if it doesnt start lol. I refresh my OS every 2 years or so.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1114270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice